AAC foes will battle when the Memphis Tigers (10-6, 1-2 AAC) square off against the Tulane Green Wave (11-4, 2-1 AAC) at FedExForum. Memphis is a 3-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 141.5 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 9, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNews.
Tulane Green Wave at Memphis Tigers Odds Preview
In the Green Wave’s last game, they barely escaped the SMU Mustangs, 73-70. Cameron Reynolds was Tulane’s high scorer with 20 points on 8-for-17 shooting. The Green Wave knocked down 18 of their 20 free throws (90.0 percent) and held the Mustangs to an effective field goal percentage of 0.482 (below their season average of 0.557).
The Tigers come in on a high note after defeating the Tulsa Golden Hurricane in their last outing, 76-67. Memphis received a boost from Jeremiah Martin, who was the games high scorer with 28 points on 9-for-17 shooting. Memphis effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Tulsa. The Tigers had a rate of 0.571 (above their season average of 0.480), while the Golden Hurricane posted a mark of 0.440 (below their season average of 0.514).
A focal point for the Memphis offense is getting to the free throw line. The Tigers rank 49th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.284), but Tulane is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 52nd by yielding a FTA rate of 0.189).
Both of these teams have typically finished under the O/U total. Tulane games have finished under 60.0 percent of the time, while 61.5 percent of games including Memphis have gone under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Green Wave have a substantial advantage. They are 11-4 SU and 5-5 ATS, while the Tigers are 10-6 SU and 4-8-1 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Tigers won both games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Memphis won 92-70. The Tigers played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.365 and a superb turnover percentage of 9.4. The Green Wave were 0.154 and 17.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Tulane Green Wave at Memphis Tigers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Memphis, ATS Winner – Tulane, O/U – Under
- The Tigers average 6.1 steals per game, which ranks 117th in the nation. The Green Wave rank 154th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Tulane averages 36.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 112th in the NCAA. Memphis ranks 113th in rebounds allowed per game (34.3).
- Tulane is 3-3 ATS on the road with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- At home, Memphis is 3-4-1 ATS with 5 unders and 3 overs.
- Tulane ranks 30th in assists per game (16.9) while Memphis ranks 190th in assists allowed per game (15.2).
- The Green Wave average 5.1 blocks per game, which ranks 30th in the nation. The Tigers rank 106th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Tulane averages 21.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 141st in the NCAA. Memphis ranks 188th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- Memphis is 1-3 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Tulane is 2-2 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under.
- The Tigers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 0.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Green Wave have scored an average of 73.4 points per game (2.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (0.3 below their season average).