The Tulane Green Wave (12-15, 4-11 AAC) will be at the Donald Reynolds Center to go head-to-head with the Tulsa Golden Hurricane (18-9, 10-4 AAC) in an AAC matchup. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Tulane Green Wave vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Golden Hurricane easily got past the SMU Mustangs 79-57, while the Green Wave won a close one over the UCF Knights 75-74.
The Green Wave made 16 of their 19 free throws (84.2 percent), while the Knights had a turnover percentage of 20.6 (above their season average of 17.0). Meanwhile, Tulsa played a perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.431 (above their season average of 0.277) and a turnover percentage of 12.6 (better than their season average of 17.5). For those same stats, SMU was 0.130 and 21.5, respectively. Tulsa was led by Martins Igbanu, who recorded 23 points and nine rebounds. K.J. Lawson, meanwhile had a good game for Tulane, contributing 21 points.
In their first matchup this year, Igbanu led the Golden Hurricane to a 67-54 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 19 points. Tulsa’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over Tulane. The Golden Hurricane had a rate of 0.320, while the Green Wave posted a mark of 0.109.
Tulsa should have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Golden Hurricane currently rank 61st in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.464), while Tulane is 247th in effective field goal percentage (0.485).
Tulane Green Wave at Tulsa Golden Hurricane Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Tulsa, ATS Winner – Tulane, O/U – Over
- Tulsa ranks 91st in assists allowed per game (11.9) while Tulane ranks 260th (16.0).
- The Golden Hurricane rank 126th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6) while the Green Wave rank 254th (38.4).
- The Green Wave rank 124th in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while the Golden Hurricane rank 289th in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).
- Tulane ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Tulsa ranks 176th (7.1).
- During their last five games, the Green Wave have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (5.4 above their season average).
- The Golden Hurricane’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 4.8 for the season.