The East Tennessee State Buccaneers (2-2) will be at home in Freedom Hall Civic Center when they meet the Troy Trojans (2-3). East Tennessee State is a 4-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 146 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017.
Troy Trojans vs. East Tennessee State Buccaneers Free Preview
The Trojans lost to the No. 8 Kentucky Wildcats in their last contest, 70-62. Troys Jordan Varnado contributed 15 points and six rebounds in the game. Kentucky held the Trojans to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.6 (below their season average of 33.3). Troy, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 7.8 (better than their season average of 15.5).
In the Buccaneers last matchup, they dismantled the Delaware State Hornets, 81-57. Peter Jurkin had a solid performance for East Tennessee State, contributing nine points and 10 rebounds. East Tennessee State dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 18.7 (better than their season average of 20.7) and a free throw rate of 0.380 (above their season average of 0.181). Delaware State was 28.7 and 0.271, respectively, for those same stats.
The aggressive Troy offense might be living from the free throw line in this meeting. The Trojans rank 63rd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.279, while East Tennessee State ranks 237th in FTA rate allowed (0.265) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
The Trojans are 24-17 straight up (SU) and 22-15 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Just over half of Troy games have finished over the O/U total since last season.
The Buccaneers, on the other hand, are 29-9 SU and 19-15 ATS since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of East Tennessee State games over that same stretch with 18 unders compared to 16 overs.
Troy Trojans vs. East Tennessee State Buccaneers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Troy, ATS Winner – Troy, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Buccaneers rank 34th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Trojans rank 121st (12.7).
- East Tennessee State ranks 48th in blocks per game (4.5) while Troy ranks 115th (3.6).
- Troy ranks 61st in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while East Tennessee State ranks 225th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- The Buccaneers rank 12th in steals per game (8.5) while the Trojans rank 166th (6.0).
- East Tennessee State ranks 43rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.6) while Troy ranks 168th (35.2).