The Troy Trojans (9-18, 5-11 SBC) will be at the HTC Center to clash against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (13-14, 6-10 SBC) in a SBC matchup. The game begins at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Troy Trojans at Coastal Carolina Chanticleers ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Chanticleers fell to the Georgia State Panthers, 92-80, while the Trojans were defeated by the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns, 81-77.
Troy forced Louisiana into a turnover percentage of 20.4 (above their season average of 17.3) while Coastal Carolina had a better offensive rebounding percentage (38.7 vs. 34.4). DeVante’ Jones fueled Coastal Carolina with 24 points, nine assists and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Ty Gordon had a good outing for Troy, recording 28 points.
In their first matchup this year, Zay Williams led the Trojans to a 77-59 win. He recorded 11 points and seven rebounds. One of Troy’s largest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 25 trips to the line, while Coastal Carolina went just 12 times.
Look for Coastal Carolina to own the offensive glass in this showdown. The Chanticleers currently rank 12th in offensive rebounding percentage (36.0 percent), while Troy ranks 290th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.4 percent).
Troy Trojans vs. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers Pick
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Coastal Carolina, ATS Winner – Coastal Carolina, O/U – Over
- Coastal Carolina ranks 13th in rebounds per game (40.4) while Troy ranks 267th in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- The Chanticleers average 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 56th in the nation. The Trojans rank 136th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- The Trojans rank 37th in three pointers attempted per game (26.3) while the Chanticleers rank 273rd in three pointers allowed per game (25.6).
- Troy ranks 68th in assists per game (14.4) while Coastal Carolina ranks 213th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Chanticleers have been outscored by an average of 7.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Coastal Carolina has defeated opponents by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 71.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.8 points per game (5.1 above their season average).