The Troy Trojans (9-19, 5-12 SBC) will be at the Holmes Convocation Center to clash against the Appalachian State Mountaineers (15-13, 9-8 SBC) in a SBC matchup. The game gets underway at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Troy Trojans at Appalachian State Mountaineers Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last outing. The Mountaineers fell to the South Alabama Jaguars, 78-70, while the Trojans got blown out by the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers, 90-60.
Troy had a free throw rate of 0.246 (above their season average of 0.194) while Appalachian State held South Alabama to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 27.3). Appalachian State was led by O’Showen Williams, who put up 32 points. Nick Stampley fueled Troy with 14 points.
In their first matchup this year, Justin Forrest led the Mountaineers to a 70-65 victory. He scored a game-high 25 points. One of Appalachian State’s biggest strengths was getting to the charity stripe. They made 26 trips to the line, while Troy went just 12 times.
It could be an error-filled game for the Appalachian State offense. Appalachian State ranks 218th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.7 percent), while the gambling defense of Troy forces the 90th-most turnovers in the country (20.9 percent). Furthermore, the Trojans, who rank 290th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.195), could have a difficult time getting to the line against the Mountaineers, who rank 60th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.187).
Troy Trojans vs. Appalachian State Mountaineers Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Appalachian State, ATS Winner – Appalachian State, O/U – Under
- Troy ranks 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.5) while Appalachian State ranks 202nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- The Mountaineers rank 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Trojans rank 125th (3.5).
- Appalachian State averages 7.5 steals per game, which ranks 63rd in the country. Troy ranks 142nd in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- The Mountaineers rank 148th in rebounds allowed per game (35.0) while the Trojans rank 274th (38.5).
- Troy ranks 91st in assists per game (14.1) while Appalachian State ranks 185th in assists allowed per game (13.5).
- During their last five games, the Trojans have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.6 points per game (5.3 above their season average).
- The Mountaineers have been outscored by an average of 0.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Appalachian State has defeated opponents by an average of 1.4 points.