The Old Dominion Monarchs and Towson Tigers will square off at Constant Convocation Center to get their seasons going. Old Dominion opened as a 3.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 127 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Towson Tigers vs. Old Dominion Monarchs ATS Preview
Towson failed to reach the tournament following a 20-13 regular season last season. Old Dominion also was unable reach the tournament after a 19-12 regular season.
Old Dominion could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they square off against one of the nation’s worst offenses. The Monarchs ranked 29th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.464), while Towson was 262nd in effective field goal percentage (0.488) in the 2016-17 season. Additionally, the Tigers ranked 10th in offensive rebounding percentage (37.3 percent), while the Monarchs ranked 42nd in defensive rebounding percentage (74.4 percent).
The Tigers had a respectable 20-13 straight up (SU) record last season, but were just 14-11-1 against the spread (ATS). Games involving Towson had no tendency in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
The Monarchs had a respectable 19-12 SU record last season, but were just 13-17 ATS. A little over half of Old Dominion’s games finished under the projected point total.
The Monarchs won the sole game against the Tigers last season, 60-58. The Monarchs played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.327 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.449. The Tigers had marks of 0.148 and 0.402, respectively, for those same stats.
Towson Tigers at Old Dominion Monarchs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Monarchs are 27th in the nation with 5.0 steals allowed per game while the Tigers are 56th with 5.4 steals allowed per game.
- Old Dominion ranks 320th in three pointers attempted per game (15.6) while Towson ranks 325th (15.1).
- Old Dominion averages 4.6 blocks per game, which ranks 48th in the nation. Towson ranks 216th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- The Monarchs rank 148th in assists per game (13.6) while the Tigers rank 296th (10.5).
- Towson ranks 18th in rebounds per game (39.5) while Old Dominion ranks 51st in rebounds allowed per game (32.7).