The Hofstra Pride (18-11, 11-6 CAA) and Towson Tigers (18-12, 8-9 CAA) will square off at Mack Sports Complex to close out the regular season. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Towson Tigers vs. Hofstra Pride Betting Preview
The last time the Tigers played, they fell to the Northeastern Huskies, 80-75. With 28 points on 10-for-18 shooting, Justin Gorham was the games high scorer. Northeastern had a free throw rate of 0.383 (above their season average of 0.259). Towson, on the other hand, forced the Huskies into a turnover percentage of 23.0 (above their season average of 18.0).
The Pride come in on a high note after topping the James Madison Dukes in their last outing, 77-61. With 22 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Eli Pemberton led Hofstra in scoring. The Pride had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.348 (above their season average of 0.243) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.663 (above their season average of 0.529).
Towson could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Hofstra ranks 26th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.9 percent), while Towson forces the 149th-most turnovers (19.5 percent).
Mike Morsell has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Towson, averaging 19.4 points and 5.2 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Pride won 76-73. Hofstra won the rebounding battle. The Pride had 11 offensive rebounds and 33 total rebounds, while the Tigers had four and 27, respectively. Justin Wright-Foreman was the games leading scorer with 35 points.
Towson Tigers vs. Hofstra Pride Free Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 53rd in rebounds per game (38.2) while the Pride rank 77th in rebounds allowed per game (33.1).
- Towson ranks 38th in blocks per game (4.5) while Hofstra ranks 165th (2.8).
- The Pride rank 153rd in three pointers attempted per game (21.9) while the Tigers rank 272nd (17.8).
- Hofstra ranks 158th in assists per game (13.3) while Towson ranks 230th (11.9).
- The Pride’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.6, up from 2.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 72.8 points per game (3.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (6.3 above their season average).