The Florida Atlantic Owls (1-1) and the Towson Tigers (2-1) battle in the Gulf Coast Showcase at Germain Arena. Towson is a 9-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 143.5 points. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Towson Tigers vs. Florida Atlantic Owls Free Preview
The Tigers easily got past the Loyola Maryland Greyhounds in their last outing, 95-72. Brian Starr was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-7 shooting. The Tigers had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.691 vs. 0.414) and had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.7 vs. 28.2).
In the Owls last game, they blew out the Edward Waters Tigers, 91-59. Florida Atlantic was lifted by Gerdarius Troutman, who was the games leading scorer with 23 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Florida Atlantic played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 42.1 and a turnover percentage of 12.3. Edward Waters was 11.8 and 21.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The offense of Florida Atlantic will clash against the stingy defense of Towson. Since the 2016-17 season, the Owls rank 283rd in offensive efficiency, while the Tigers are 70th in defensive efficiency. The Tigers should have the edge on that end of the court.
Since last season, the Tigers are 22-14 straight up (SU) and 15-11-1 against the spread (ATS). Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Towson games since last season with 14 unders compared to 13 overs.
The Owls, meanwhile, are 11-21 SU and 13-14-1 ATS since last season. Vegas has also been spot on when predicting totals of Florida Atlantic games over that same period with an even split between overs and unders.
Towson Tigers vs. Florida Atlantic Owls Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Owls rank 248th in assists per game (12.2) while the Tigers rank 311th (10.7).
- Towson averages 6.6 steals per game, which ranks 112th in the nation. Florida Atlantic ranks 115th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Towson ranks 14th in rebounds per game (40.1) while Florida Atlantic ranks 292nd in rebounds allowed per game (38.8).
- The Owls rank 79th in blocks allowed per game (3.0) while the Tigers rank 237th (4.1).
- Florida Atlantic ranks 175th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while Towson ranks 322nd (15.4).