The Towson Tigers (5-8, 1-0 CAA) will be at Kaplan Arena to go head-to-head against the William & Mary Tribe (5-8, 1-0 CAA) in a CAA matchup. Action begins at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 30, 2018.
Towson Tigers at William & Mary Tribe Betting Odds
In their last game, the Tribe were victorious over the High Point Panthers, 79-69, while the Tigers got blown out by the fifth-ranked Virginia Cavaliers, 73-42.
The Tribe had a much better free throw rate (0.291 vs. 0.183) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.573 vs. 0.483). Towson, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.293 vs. 0.204). William & Mary was led by Justin Pierce, who finished with 23 points and 14 rebounds. Brian Fobbs, meanwhile played a key role for Towson with nine points and six rebounds.
The Tigers edged out the Tribe in this series last year, winning two out of three games. In the last matchup, William & Mary won 80-66. One of William & Mary’s biggest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 21-24 (87.5 percent), while the Tigers were just 6-9 (66.7 percent). This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Towson Tigers at William & Mary Tribe Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – William & Mary, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Under
- William & Mary ranks 35th in assists per game (16.4) while Towson ranks 230th (10.2).
- The Tigers rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (1.5) while the Tribe rank 40th (2.7).
- The Tribe rank 73rd in three pointers attempted per game (25.0) while the Tigers rank 249th (17.2).
- Towson ranks 30th in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while William & Mary ranks 117th (34.8).
- During their last five games, the Tribe have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.4 points per game (1.4 above their season average).
- The Tigers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 1.4 for the season.