The Northeastern Huskies (15-14, 9-8 CAA) welcome the Towson Tigers (18-12, 11-6 CAA) to Matthews Arena as the regular season comes to a close. The game will air on CBS Sports Network at 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Towson Tigers vs. Northeastern Huskies ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Huskies won big over the James Madison Dukes 77-57, while the Tigers beat the Hofstra Pride 76-65.
The Tigers, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.7, had an absurd mark of 61.5 and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.507 (above their season average of 0.488). Northeastern, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculously low turnover percentage of 7.3 (better than their season average of 16.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.583 (above their season average of 0.545). For those same stats, James Madison was 20.8 and 0.489, respectively. Northeastern rallied around Guilien Smith, who recorded 20 points. Meanwhile, Brian Fobbs had a good outing for Towson, contributing 21 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tyson Walker led the Huskies to a 61-45 win. He scored a game-high 17 points. The Huskies’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Tigers. Northeastern had a rate of 18.2, while Towson posted a mark of 10.8.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. Northeastern currently ranks 316th in possessions per game (66.1) and Towson is 315th (66.1). Moreover, the Tigers are among the country’s elite on the offensive backboards, ranking 31st in offensive rebounding percentage (33.8 percent). The Huskies, however, rank 19th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.0 percent).
Towson Tigers vs. Northeastern Huskies Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Over
- Towson ranks 74th in rebounds per game (37.6) while Northeastern ranks 285th (31.2).
- The Tigers rank 119th in blocks per game (3.1) while the Huskies rank 225th (1.6).
- Northeastern ranks 145th in assists per game (13.1) while Towson ranks 232nd (11.4).
- The Huskies rank 77th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while the Tigers rank 249th (24.3).
- Northeastern ranks 38th in steals per game (7.9) while Towson ranks 178th (5.8).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.0, up from 4.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 67.6 points per game (3.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 61.8 points per game (4.5 below their season average).