The Towson Tigers (15-11, 8-5 CAA) will be at the JMU Convocation Center to meet the James Madison Dukes (9-15, 2-11 CAA) in a CAA matchup. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Towson Tigers vs. James Madison Dukes Betting Odds
In their last game, the Dukes lost a winnable game to the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens, 80-78, while the Tigers beat the Regent Royals, 71-55.
Towson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 41.7 (above their season average of 32.0) and a turnover percentage of 14.9 (better than their season average of 15.5). For those same stats, Regent was 12.9 and 17.5, respectively. James Madison, on the other hand, held Delaware to an effective field goal percentage of 0.491 (below their season average of 0.552). Matt Lewis was a key piece for James Madison with 21 points and seven rebounds. Nakye Sanders, meanwhile had a good outing for Towson, recording 18 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Brian Fobbs led the Tigers to a 69-61 win. He produced 21 points and five rebounds. Towson did a terrific job of making free throws (20-21; 95.2 percent). James Madison, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 15.9).
It will be a showdown of opposite paces as the fast-paced Dukes (ranked 29th in the country in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Tigers (319th in possessions per game).
Towson Tigers at James Madison Dukes Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Towson, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Over
- Towson ranks 49th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while James Madison ranks 278th (39.3).
- The Dukes rank 190th in assists per game (12.2) while the Tigers rank 245th (11.2).
- Towson ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while James Madison ranks 71st (5.9).
- The Dukes average 24.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 81st in the nation. The Tigers rank 261st in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- Towson ranks 34th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while James Madison ranks 134th (3.6).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 4.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dukes have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (0.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 78.6 points per game (1.6 above their season average).