The Hofstra Pride (22-7, 13-3 CAA) welcome the Towson Tigers (17-12, 10-6 CAA) to Mack Sports Complex. The Pride look to extend their eight-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 27, 2020.
Towson Tigers vs. Hofstra Pride Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Pride defeated the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens 78-62, while the Tigers beat the Elon Phoenix 84-71.
Towson played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.563 (above their season average of 0.251) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 32.5). Elon was 0.220 and 29.7, respectively, for those same stats. The Pride, meanwhile, made 20 of their 23 free throws (87.0 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 12.5 (better than their season average of 14.6). Desure Buie fueled Hofstra with 27 points, nine assists and six rebounds. Jason Gibson, meanwhile had a good outing for Towson, finishing with 19 points and five rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Buie led the Pride to a 75-67 victory. He was the game’s leading scorer with 35 points. One of Hofstra’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 26 trips to the line, while Towson went just 10 times.
Hofstra could put on a ball-control clinic in this showdown. Hofstra ranks 38th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Towson forces the 37th-fewest turnovers (16.9 percent).
Towson Tigers vs. Hofstra Pride ATS Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Hofstra, ATS Winner – Towson, O/U – Under
- Towson ranks 92nd in assists allowed per game (11.9) while Hofstra ranks 225th (14.4).
- The Tigers rank 44th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while the Pride rank 101st (33.8).
- Hofstra ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Towson ranks 55th (2.8).
- The Pride rank 139th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5) while the Tigers rank 241st (24.1).
- Towson ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Hofstra ranks 80th (5.9).
- The Tigers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.2, up from 4.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Pride have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (2.3 below their season average).