The Philadelphia 76ers (1-1) will be 1-point underdogs at home in game three of the Eastern Conference Semifinals when they square off against the Toronto Raptors (1-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 216.5 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, May 2, 2019.
Toronto Raptors at Philadelphia 76ers ATS Odds
In game two, Butler led the 76ers to a 94-89 victory. He recorded a double-double with 30 points and 11 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 183 points, which was well under the projected point total of 219.5, and Philadelphia covered as a 7.5-point underdog. Philadelphia was effective at getting and making free throws. The 76ers made 24 of their 26 free throws (92.3 percent), while the Raptors were 13-15 (86.7 percent).
Of the Raptors’ 89 games, 46 have finished over the total. Toronto comes into the game with records of 63-26 straight up (SU) and 42-45-2 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of 76ers games, with 44 overs compared to 44 unders. Additionally, Philadelphia is 56-33 SU and 43-46 ATS.
It could be a sloppy game for the Philadelphia offense. Philadelphia ranks 26th in the league in ball protection (turnover percentage of 14.0 percent), while the ball-hawking defense of Toronto forces the ninth-most turnovers in the NBA (14.0 percent). Also, the sharp-shooting offense of the Raptors ranks third in effective field goal percentage (0.542), while the 76ers are fifth-best in the league at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509).
Toronto Raptors at Philadelphia 76ers Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Under
- The 76ers rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Raptors rank sixth (4.4).
- Toronto ranks fourth in fast break points per game (18.1) while Philadelphia ranks 21st in fast break points allowed per game (14.6).
- The Raptors average 8.3 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the NBA. The 76ers rank 20th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- Philadelphia ranks second in assists allowed per game (23.1) while Toronto ranks 12th (24.2).
- Philadelphia averages 14.3 second chance points per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. Toronto ranks ninth in second chance points allowed per game (12.6).
- The Raptors rank eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.5) while the 76ers rank 23rd in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.3).
- The Raptors average 48.3 points in the paint per game, which ranks 18th in the league. The 76ers rank 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (50.8).
- Philadelphia ranks second in rebounds per game (48.1) while Toronto ranks 17th (45.0).
- Philadelphia is 13-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Toronto is 19-2.
- The 76ers are 55-25 when they reach 100 points, while the Raptors are 59-19.
- Philadelphia is 23-21 ATS at home, while Toronto is 21-21-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 23 of the Raptors’ 43 road games, while 23 of the 76ers’ 44 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Toronto and Philadelphia have both had 4 unders and 1 over.
- The 76ers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 3-2.
- During their last five games, the 76ers have scored an average of 110.8 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 104.0 points per game (8.1 below their season average).
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.8, up from 6.5 for the season.