The Los Angeles Lakers (7-1) and the Toronto Raptors (6-2) go head-to-head at Staples Center. The Lakers are a 9.5-point favorite and look to continue their seven-game winning streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 215 points and it can be seen on The Sports Network at 9:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 10, 2019.
Toronto Raptors vs. Los Angeles Lakers ATS Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last contest. The Lakers (8.5-point favorites) defeated the Miami Heat 95-80, while the Raptors (2-point favorites) beat the New Orleans Pelicans 122-104. The Los Angeles game went 43.5 points under the projected point total of 218.5, while the Toronto game went 7 points under the projected point total of 233.
Toronto played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.226 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.543 (below their season average of 0.549). New Orleans was 0.141 and 0.455, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Los Angeles’ 25.6 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over Miami, who had a rate of 17.4. The Lakers’ mark was above their season average of 20.4. Anthony Davis was a key piece for Los Angeles with 26 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. Meanwhile, Toronto received a boost from Pascal Siakam, who put up 44 points and 10 rebounds.
The Raptors dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent matchup, Toronto won 111-98. Toronto’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Raptors had 13 offensive rebounds and 52 total rebounds, while the Lakers had six and 46, respectively.
Vegas is exceedingly precise when predicting totals of Raptors games, with an even split between overs and unders. Toronto comes into the contest with records of 6-2 straight up (SU) and 5-3 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Lakers’ 8 games, 5 have finished under the projected point total. Moreover, Los Angeles is 7-1 SU and 6-2 ATS.
Los Angeles might struggle to score as they face off against one of the league’s best defenses. Since the 2018-19 season, Toronto ranks sixth in defensive efficiency while the Lakers rank 21st in offensive efficiency.
Raptors vs. Lakers ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Lakers rank sixth in blocks per game (5.6) while the Raptors rank 10th in blocks allowed per game (4.7).
- Toronto ranks fourth in fast break points per game (18.2) while Los Angeles ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (16.0).
- The Raptors rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (34.1) while the Lakers rank 21st in three pointers allowed per game (33.7).
- Toronto scores 17.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 22nd in points off turnovers given up per game (18.4).
- Los Angeles ranks 20th in second chance points per game (12.9) while Toronto ranks 26th (12.0).
- The Lakers rank first in points in the paint per game (55.4) while the Raptors rank 20th (46.5).
- The Raptors average 24.8 assists per game, which ranks 11th in the NBA. The Lakers rank 19th in assists allowed per game (24.7).
- Los Angeles ranks seventh in rebounds per game (46.5) while Toronto ranks 10th in rebounds allowed per game (45.2).
- Toronto ranks ninth in steals per game (8.2) while Los Angeles ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (8.4).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Toronto is 27-2 and Los Angeles is 11-0.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Lakers are 41-36 and the Raptors are 75-26.