The Los Angeles Clippers (6-3) and their sensational offense welcome the Toronto Raptors (7-2) and their exceptional defense. Action begins at 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 11, 2019, and can be seen on NBATV.
Toronto Raptors vs. Los Angeles Clippers ATS Odds
The Raptors come in on a high note after covering the 2-point spread against the Los Angeles Lakers in their last contest, 113-104. The Clippers, meanwhile, defeated the Portland Trail Blazers,107-101, resulting in a push. The Toronto game went 16 points under the projected point total of 233, while the Los Angeles game finished 22.5 points under the projected point total of 230.5.
The Raptors had a better free throw rate (0.169 vs. 0.128) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.551 vs. 0.489). The Clippers, on the other hand, made 25 of their 30 free throws (83.3 percent) and held the Trail Blazers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.428 (below their season average of 0.533). Kawhi Leonard had a good game for Los Angeles with 27 points and 13 rebounds. Pascal Siakam, meanwhile played well for Toronto, putting up 24 points and 11 rebounds.
The Raptors dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent matchup, Toronto won 121-103. Toronto won the rebounding battle. The Raptors had more offensive rebounds (16 vs. seven), defensive rebounds (40 vs. 29) and total rebounds (56 vs. 36).
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Raptors games, with an even split between overs and unders. Toronto comes into the game with records of 7-2 straight up (SU) and 5-3 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Clippers’ 9 games, 6 have finished under the total. Additionally, Los Angeles owns records of 6-3 SU and 5-3-1 ATS.
The game should be a matchup of strength against strength as the productive offense of Los Angeles takes on the top-notch defense of Toronto. Since the 2018-19 season, the Clippers rank third in offensive efficiency, while the Raptors are fifth in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Raptors have been among the league’s elite at getting to the line, ranking fourth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.207). The Clippers, meanhwile, rank 23rd at keeping opponents off the charity stripe with an opponents’ FTA rate of 0.225.
Raptors vs. Clippers Free Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Clippers, ATS Winner – Clippers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Raptors average 17.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 12th in the league. The Clippers rank 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.8).
- Toronto ranks sixth in three pointers attempted per game (34.1) while Los Angeles ranks 28th (26.5).
- The Clippers rank 15th in second chance points per game (13.5) while the Raptors rank 29th (12.0).
- Toronto ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (7.3) while Los Angeles ranks 18th (8.0).
- Toronto averages 24.8 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 17th in assists allowed per game (24.3).
- The Raptors rank first in fast break points per game (18.3) while the Clippers rank 20th in fast break points allowed per game (14.9).
- The Raptors rank 13th in blocks per game (5.2) while the Clippers rank 23rd in blocks allowed per game (6.1).
- Los Angeles ranks 11th in rebounds allowed per game (45.6) while Toronto ranks 26th (45.2).
- Toronto is 27-2 when they allow under 100 points, while Los Angeles is 10-1.
- The Clippers are 56-31 when they score above 100 points, while the Raptors are 76-26.