The NBA’s top scoring defense will be at home in Bankers Life Fieldhouse, when the Indiana Pacers (31-15) square off with the Toronto Raptors (36-13). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019, and will air on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Toronto Raptors vs. Indiana Pacers ATS Odds
Both teams covered as favorites in their last game. The Pacers (8-point favorites) defeated the Charlotte Hornets 120-95, while the Raptors (10.5-point favorites) beat the Sacramento Kings 120-105. The Indiana game went 3.5 points under the projected point total of 218.5, while the Toronto game finished 11 points over the projected point total of 214.
Toronto dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.264 (above their season average of 0.196) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7 (above their season average of 23.2). For those same stats, Sacramento had marks of 0.176 and 22.7, respectively. The Pacers, on the other hand, had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 6.2 (better than their season average of 12.7) and held the Hornets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.4 (below the 22.8 mark opponents have averaged against Indiana this season). Victor Oladipo fueled Indiana with 21 points and seven assists. Meanwhile, Toronto was lifted by Fred VanVleet, who contributed 19 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
In their two contests this year, the Raptors have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 226 points, which was over the projected point total of 213.5. Toronto won 121-105, covering as a 1-point favorite. Toronto was lights out from beyond the arc (17-33; 51.5 percent). Indiana, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.7 vs. 20.0). Domantas Sabonis had a double-double in the loss, with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
Of the Raptors’ 48 games with betting action, 28 have finished over the O/U total. Toronto has a phenomenal 36-13 straight up (SU) record, but they have a difficult time covering the spread (21-26-1 against the spread (ATS)).
Contrary to Toronto, Pacers games have typically gone under the total (56.5 percent). Additionally, Indiana is 31-15 SU and 24-21-1 ATS.
Points at the line could be rare for Indiana in this showdown. The Pacers rank 26th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.178, while Toronto ranks sixth in FTA rate allowed (0.183).
Raptors vs. Pacers Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank second in steals per game (9.1) while the Raptors rank eighth (8.7).
- Toronto ranks 10th in three pointers attempted per game (33.1) while Indiana ranks 28th (25.1).
- The Pacers rank third in rebounds allowed per game (42.8) while the Raptors rank 16th (44.9).
- Indiana averages 25.9 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Toronto ranks 19th in assists allowed per game (24.6).
- Indiana ranks third in points off turnovers per game (19.9) while Toronto ranks 10th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.8).
- The Raptors rank fourth in fast break points per game (18.7) while the Pacers rank 20th in fast break points allowed per game (14.3).
- The Pacers rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.4) while the Raptors rank 11th (47.6).
- Indiana averages 13.3 second chance points per game, which ranks 14th in the league. Toronto ranks 18th in second chance points allowed per game (13.7).
- Toronto ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.6) while Indiana ranks 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.3).
- Toronto is 9-1 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Indiana is 16-3.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Raptors are 33-10 and the Pacers are 28-7.
- Toronto is 10-13-1 ATS on the road, while Indiana is 13-10 ATS at home.
- Of the Raptors’ 24 road games, they have 14 overs and 10 unders.
- The Pacers have 17 unders and 6 overs in 23 home games.
- The Pacers are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Indiana has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Toronto has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Pacers have scored an average of 115.8 points per game (6.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average).
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 5.8 for the season.