The Toronto Raptors (11-6) travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers (10-8) in what should be a high-scoring game. Toronto is a 1-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 216.5 points. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017, and it can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto.
Toronto Raptors at Indiana Pacers Odds Preview
The Raptors fell to the New York Knicks in their last matchup, 108-100. With 25 points on 7-for-15 shooting, Kyle Lowry was Toronto’s leading scorer. New York had a turnover percentage of 9.9 (better than their season average of 14.2). Toronto, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.506 vs. 0.505).
The last time the Pacers played, they defeated the Orlando Magic, 105-97. Indiana rallied around Victor Oladipo, who was the games high scorer with 29 points on 8-for-19 shooting. The Pacers forced 22 turnovers and had a free throw rate of 0.258 (above their season average of 0.174).
It might turn into a shootout as a pair of the NBA’s best offenses face off. Indiana currently ranks fifth with 108.3 points per 100 possessions and Toronto is third (110.6).
Of Toronto’s 17 games, nine have finished under the projected point total, while 9 of Indiana’s 18 games have finished over the O/U total. The Raptors have the superior straight up (SU) record (11-6 vs. 10-8), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Toronto is 10-7 ATS, while Indiana is 11-7 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Raptors, it’s been DeMar DeRozan, who has averaged 26.2 points, 6.4 rebounds, 5.6 assists and 1.2 steals, while the Pacers have received great contributions from Oladipo (22.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.4 steals).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Raptors won two out of three matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Indiana won 108-90. The Pacers dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.7 and a turnover percentage of 10.2. The Raptors were 15.4 and 13.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Toronto Raptors at Indiana Pacers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank fourth in three pointers attempted per game (31.8) while the Pacers rank 24th (24.8).
- Toronto ranks second in points off turnovers per game (19.9) while Indiana ranks 11th (18.3).
- Indiana averages 23.9 assists per game, which ranks fifth in the league. Toronto ranks 17th in assists allowed per game (22.8).
- Toronto is 6-4 ATS on the road with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- Indiana is 4-3 ATS at home with 5 unders and 2 overs.
- Indiana is 5-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Toronto is 5-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Pacers are 9-4 and the Raptors are 10-3.
- The Pacers rank 12th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Raptors rank 22nd in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- Toronto averages 6.1 blocks per game, which ranks third in the league. Indiana ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- The Raptors average 47.2 points in the paint per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Pacers rank 27th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.0).
- The Pacers rank third in steals allowed per game (7.2) while the Raptors rank eighth (7.6).
- Indiana ranks second in fast break points per game (15.0) while Toronto ranks 24th in fast break points allowed per game (12.4).
- Indiana is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Toronto is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pacers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 112.2 points per game (2.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 102.4 points per game (1.4 below their season average).