The Atlanta Hawks (4-15) will be at home in Philips Arena when they square off against the Toronto Raptors (11-7). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 211.5 points with Toronto opening as a 7.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 25, 2017, and it can be seen on The Sports Network.
Toronto Raptors vs. Atlanta Hawks Odds Preview
In the Raptors last matchup, they lost a tough one against the Indiana Pacers, 107-104. Toronto’s Kyle Lowry had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 6-for-12 shooting. Indiana did a great job of converting from the free throw line (20-27; 74.1 percent). Toronto, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.549 vs. 0.524).
The Hawks will look to maintain momentum after defeating the New York Knicks in their last matchup, 116-104. With 26 points on 11-for-18 shooting, Dennis Schroder led Atlanta in scoring. The Hawks had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 7.9 (better than their season average of 14.5) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.3 (above their season average of 20.8).
Toronto could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the NBA. The Raptors currently rank third in offensive efficiency, while Atlanta ranks 23rd in defensive efficiency.
Of Toronto’s 17 games that accepted bets, nine have finished under the O/U total, while 9 of Atlanta’s 18 games have finished over the projected point total. The Raptors come into this game with a clear advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-7 SU and 10-7 ATS, while the Hawks are 4-15 SU and 7-10-1 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Raptors, it’s been Lowry, who has averaged 19.6 points, 8.0 assists and 7.8 rebounds, while the Hawks have gotten solid contributions from John Collins (15.8 points and 8.0 rebounds).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. The Hawks won two out of three matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Atlanta won 105-99. Atlanta had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.573 vs. 0.424). Toronto, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.6 vs. 19.3).
Toronto Raptors vs. Atlanta Hawks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Raptors average 19.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks second in the NBA. The Hawks rank 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.7).
- Toronto ranks eighth in fast break points per game (13.2) while Atlanta ranks 16th in fast break points allowed per game (11.4).
- Toronto ranks 12th in assists per game (22.6) while Atlanta ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (25.8).
- Neither of these teams are great at rebounding the ball. Toronto is 25th in the league with 41.2 rebounds per game while Atlanta is 26th with 40.8 rebounds per game.
- Toronto is 6-4 ATS on the road, while Atlanta is 3-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 5 of the Hawks 7 home games, while 6 of the Raptors 10 road games have gone under.
- Atlanta is 1-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Toronto is 5-1.
- The Raptors are 10-4 when they score above 100 points, while the Hawks are 4-9.
- The Raptors rank ninth in steals per game (8.4) while the Hawks rank 17th in steals allowed per game (8.2).
- Toronto ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while Atlanta ranks 29th (32.5).
- The Raptors rank fourth in blocks per game (5.9) while the Hawks rank 23rd (3.8).
- The Hawks rank 19th in second chance points per game (12.1) while the Raptors rank 24th in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- Toronto ranks fourth in points in the paint per game (47.7) while Atlanta ranks 21st (41.1).
- Atlanta is 2-3 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Toronto is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Hawks have outscored opponents by an average of 4.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Atlanta has lost by an average of 4.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 107.2 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.2 points per game (2.7 below their season average).