A five-game home winning streak is on the line for the Utah Jazz (5-3) when they square off against the Toronto Raptors (4-3) at Vivint Smart Home Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 196 points with Utah set as a 1.5-point favorite. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 3, 2017.
Toronto Raptors at Utah Jazz ATS Preview
In the Raptors’ last matchup, they were blown out by the Denver Nuggets, 129-111. Norman Powell had a solid game for Toronto, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 6-for-11 shooting. One of Denver’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 29 free throw attempts, while Toronto had 25.
The Jazz hope to keep it rolling after beating the Portland Trail Blazers, 112-103, in their last outing. Utah’s Donovan Mitchell was a key piece with 28 points and six rebounds. Utah played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.344 (above their season average of 0.160) and a turnover percentage of 11.7 (better than their season average of 17.7). Portland recorded marks of 0.215 and 13.9, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the league’s slowest-paced teams face off. Utah ranks 30th in possessions per game (93.4) and Toronto is 25th (96.6) since last season. Ball security should be an advantage for the Raptors. They rank 4th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.4 percent), while the Jazz have forced the sixth-fewest turnovers in the league (opponents’ turnover percentage of 12.7 percent).
Toronto games have finished under 57.1 percent of the time, while games involving Utah have finished under 62.5 percent of the time. The Jazz have the superior straight up (SU) record (5-3 vs. 4-3), but both teams have comparable against the spread (ATS) records. Utah is 6-2, while Toronto is 5-2 ATS.
The Raptors won both matchups against the Jazz last season. In the most recent contest, the Raptors won 104-98. Toronto had a much better turnover percentage (10.2 vs. 15.3). Utah, on the other hand, did an excellent job of making free throws (18-21; 85.7 percent).
Toronto Raptors at Utah Jazz Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Jazz rank third in blocks allowed per game (3.8) while the Raptors rank 14th (4.9).
- Toronto averages 17.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks seventh in the league. Utah ranks 11th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.6).
- Toronto ranks 20th in fast break points per game (11.9) while Utah ranks 29th (8.2).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Toronto is 31-5 and Utah is 42-11.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Jazz are 45-12 and the Raptors are 47-21.
- The Jazz rank first in assists allowed per game (18.3) while the Raptors rank ninth (21.9).
- Toronto ranks fifth in steals per game (8.2) while Utah ranks 26th (7.0).
- The Jazz rank second in three pointers allowed per game (23.4) while the Raptors rank 16th (27.1).
- The Jazz rank second in rebounds allowed per game (40.6) while the Raptors rank sixth (41.9).
- Toronto ranks 16th in second chance points per game (12.9) while Utah ranks 28th (10.8).