The Utah Jazz (4-5) will have their chance to beat the league’s top team when they clash against the Toronto Raptors (9-1) at Vivint Smart Home Arena. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 5, 2018.
Toronto Raptors vs. Utah Jazz ATS Odds
The Raptors will be hoping for similar success after covering the 9.5-point spread against the Los Angeles Lakers in their last matchup, 121-107. The Jazz, on the other hand, were topped by the Denver Nuggets, 103-88, and were not able to cover as 4.5-point underdogs. The Toronto game finished 1.5 points over the projected point total of 226.5, while the Utah game finished 19 points under the projected point total of 210.
Toronto dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 23.4) and a turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 11.5). Los Angeles put up marks of 14.3 and 13.3, respectively, for those same stats. Utah, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.198 vs. 0.145). Rudy Gobert led the way for Utah, contributing 12 points and 12 rebounds. Toronto was lifted by Serge Ibaka, who contributed 34 points and 10 rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Jazz won the most recent game 97-93. Utah did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-21; 71.4 percent). Toronto, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (30.2 vs. 21.7).
Of the Raptors’ nine games with betting action, seven have finished over the total. Toronto has a superb 9-1 straight up (SU) record, but they struggle covering the spread (4-5 against the spread (ATS)).
Much like Toronto, games involving the Jazz also tend to finish over the total (66.7 percent). Moreover, Utah owns records of 4-5 SU and 4-5 ATS.
Ibaka and Pascal Siakam have played at a high level over the last five games for Toronto. Ibaka has averaged 17.2 points, 7.2 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game, while Siakam has put up 13.2 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.0 steals a game during that span.
The physical Utah offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Jazz rank second in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.206, while Toronto ranks 14th in FTA rate allowed (0.211) since the 2017-18 season. Furthermore, the Raptors rank fifth in turnover percentage (12.8 percent), while the Jazz rank 21st in opponents’ turnover percentage (14.4 percent).
Toronto Raptors vs. Utah Jazz ATS Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- The Raptors rank third in assists per game (24.3) while the Jazz rank 15th (22.3).
- Toronto ranks second in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Utah ranks 25th (8.4).
- The Jazz rank fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.8) while the Raptors rank 20th (25.6).
- Toronto ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (45.3) while Utah ranks 20th (42.2).
- Utah averages 11.7 second chance points per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Toronto ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.0).
- The Jazz rank third in fast break points allowed per game (10.1) while the Raptors rank 25th (12.3).
- The Raptors rank ninth in points off turnovers per game (16.9) while the Jazz rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- Toronto ranks fifth in blocks per game (6.1) while Utah ranks 12th (5.1).
- Utah ranks first in rebounds allowed per game (41.8) while Toronto ranks 20th (42.4).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Utah is 38-8 and Toronto is 31-5.
- In games where they score over 100 points, the Jazz are 47-17 and the Raptors are 66-20.