The NBA’s top shooting defense will be a 3-point underdog on the road at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter, when the Toronto Raptors (7-3) battle with the Portland Trail Blazers (4-7). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 221 points and it can be seen on The Sports Network at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Toronto Raptors at Portland Trail Blazers ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Raptors (9.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Los Angeles Clippers, 98-88, while the Trail Blazers (9-point underdogs) fell to the Sacramento Kings, 107-99. The Toronto game went 34.5 points under the projected point total of 220.5, while the Portland game finished 20 points under the projected point total of 226.
Toronto held Los Angeles to an effective field goal percentage of 0.413 (below their season average of 0.524) while Portland did an excellent job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (23-30; 76.7 percent). Portland was lifted by Damian Lillard, who put up 27 points and five assists. Pascal Siakam played a pivotal role for Toronto with 16 points, 10 rebounds and six assists.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Raptors won the last matchup 119-117. The Raptors’ turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Trail Blazers. Toronto had a rate of 13.4, while Portland posted a mark of 14.4. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Raptors games, with an even split between overs and unders. Toronto comes into the game with records of 7-3 straight up (SU) and 6-4 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Trail Blazers’ 10 games with betting action, five have finished over the total. Additionally, Portland owns records of 4-7 SU and 5-4-1 ATS.
Getting to the line could be few and far between for Portland in this showdown. The Trail Blazers currently rank 14th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.210, while Toronto ranks fourth in FTA rate allowed (0.173). Furthermore, the Raptors rank first in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.473), while the Trail Blazers rank 22nd in effective field goal percentage (0.509).
Toronto Raptors at Portland Trail Blazers Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank 14th in steals per game (7.8) while the Trail Blazers rank 16th in steals allowed per game (8.0).
- Toronto ranks ninth in points off turnovers per game (18.6) while Portland ranks 29th (14.3).
- The Raptors rank first in fast break points per game (22.3) while the Trail Blazers rank 16th in fast break points allowed per game (13.6).
- Portland blocks 6.0 opponent shots per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Toronto ranks 19th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- Portland ranks 22nd in second chance points per game (12.0) while Toronto ranks 29th (7.5).
- The Raptors rank ninth in assists per game (25.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 28th (17.0).
- The Trail Blazers rank 12th in three pointers allowed per game (32.7) while the Raptors rank 25th (37.6).
- Portland ranks ninth in rebounds per game (46.7) while Toronto ranks 26th in rebounds allowed per game (50.7).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Toronto is 2-1 and Portland is 1-0.
- The Trail Blazers are 4-6 when they reach 100 points, while the Raptors are 7-2.
- Portland is 1-3 ATS at home, while Toronto is 3-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 2 of the Trail Blazers’ 4 home games, while 4 of the Raptors’ 6 road games have gone under.
- The Trail Blazers are 1-3-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Portland has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Toronto has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Trail Blazers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.2, up from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 110.4 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 108.2 points per game (1.5 above their season average).