Atlantic Division foes will battle when the New York Knicks (9-7) meet the Toronto Raptors (11-5) at Madison Square Garden. Toronto is a 3.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 212 points. Action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 22, 2017, and it can be seen on The Sports Network.
Toronto Raptors at New York Knicks Free Preview
The Raptors defeated the Washington Wizards in their last game, 100-91. DeMar DeRozan was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 15-for-26 shooting. Toronto played a nearly perfect game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 6.8 (better than their season average of 13.2) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.9 (above their season average of 20.2). Washington had marks of 13.4 and 17.8, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Knicks played, they thoroughly outplayed the Los Angeles Clippers, 107-85. Enes Kanter had a solid performance for New York, putting up 12 points and 16 rebounds. New York played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 35.0 (above their season average of 27.1) and a free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.187). Los Angeles recorded marks of 21.3 and 0.188, respectively, for those same stats.
New York could own the offensive glass in this contest. The Knicks currently rank first in offensive rebounding percentage (27.6 percent), while Toronto ranks 22nd in defensive rebounding percentage (76.7 percent).
Of Torontos 16 games, eight have finished over the O/U total, while 9 of New Yorks 16 games have finished under the O/U total. The Raptors have the significant advantage straight up (SU) (11-5 vs. 9-7), but both teams have the same against the spread (ATS) record (10-6).
DeRozan has really been playing well recently for Toronto, averaging 26.2 points, 6.0 assists and 5.2 rebounds over the last five games.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 191 points, well under the projected point total of 217. The Raptors won 107-84, covering as 8-point favorites. Toronto couldnt miss, shooting 56.4 percent from the field. New York, on the other hand, had a field goal percentage of just 33.0. Lowry recorded a double-double with 22 points and 10 assists.
Toronto Raptors at New York Knicks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Raptors rank eighth in fast break points per game (12.4) while the Knicks rank 25th (6.4).
- Toronto ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.8) while New York ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (5.0).
- New York ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (38.6) while Toronto ranks 16th (44.4).
- Toronto ranks ninth in assists per game (23.0) while New York ranks 15th in assists allowed per game (22.3).
- Toronto is 6-3 ATS on the road, while New York is 9-2 ATS at home.
- In 9 road games, the Raptors have 5 unders and 4 overs.
- In 11 home games, the Knicks have 7 overs and 4 unders.
- New York is 4-0 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Toronto is 5-1.
- The Knicks are 9-2 when they score more than 100 points, while the Raptors are 10-2.
- The Knicks rank 12th in rebounds per game (45.0) while the Raptors rank 25th (41.1).
- Toronto ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (26.4) while New York ranks last (33.4).
- The Raptors average 20.3 points off turnovers per game, which ranks second in the league. The Knicks rank 25th in points off turnovers allowed per game (19.6).
- The Raptors rank eighth in steals per game (8.3) while the Knicks rank 16th in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- New York ranks second in second chance points per game (16.1) while Toronto ranks 22nd (10.4).
- New York is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Toronto is 4-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Knicks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.6, up from 1.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 111.0 points per game (0.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.8 points per game (3.7 below their season average).