The Toronto Raptors (28-12) will try to slow down the Milwaukee Bucks (27-10) at Fiserv Forum. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019, and can be seen on NBATV.
Toronto Raptors at Milwaukee Bucks Betting Odds
The Bucks hope to keep it rolling after easily covering the 10-point spread against the Atlanta Hawks in their last game, 144-112. The Raptors, meanwhile, were thoroughly outplayed by the San Antonio Spurs, 125-107, and were not able to cover as 3.5-point underdogs. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Milwaukee game went 36 points over the projected point total of 220, while the Toronto game finished 14 points over the projected point total of 218.
Milwaukee played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 28.9 (above their season average of 21.5) and a turnover percentage of 10.4 (better than their season average of 12.4). Atlanta was 10.6 and 17.3, respectively, for those same stats. Toronto, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (23-29; 79.3 percent). Milwaukee received a boost from Giannis Antetokounmpo, who had 16 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds. Kawhi Leonard, meanwhile had a good game for Toronto, finishing with 21 points and five assists.
The Bucks have won both contests against the Raptors this year. In their most recent game, the two teams combined for 203 points, well under the projected point total of 229.5. Milwaukee won 104-99, covering as a 5-point underdog. Milwaukee’s 0.195 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Toronto, who had a rate of 0.064. Antetokounmpo recorded a double-double with 19 points and 19 rebounds.
Vegas is known to set the total low when the Raptors are involved, as 23 of their 40 games have ended over the O/U total. Toronto is 28-12 straight up (SU), but they have a difficult time covering the spread (17-22-1 against the spread (ATS)).
Bucks games have no tendency in regards to the O/U total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Further, Milwaukee is 27-10 SU and 20-15-1 ATS.
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the league’s best offenses battle. Milwaukee ranks second with 111.8 points per 100 possessions and Toronto is fifth (110.9).
Toronto Raptors at Milwaukee Bucks Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Bucks, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank 3 in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.513513513513514) while the Raptors rank 7 (15.575).
- Toronto ranks eighth in three pointers allowed per game (29.6) while Milwaukee ranks last (35.6).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (9.6) while the Raptors rank 16th (13.6).
- Milwaukee ranks first in rebounds per game (49.8) while Toronto ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (44.5).
- Milwaukee ranks 1 in points allowed in the paint per game (40.054054054054056) while Toronto ranks 11 (47.3).
- The Bucks rank fifth in assists per game (26.4) while the Raptors rank 21st in assists allowed per game (24.4).
- The Bucks average 6.135135135135135 blocks per game, which ranks 2 in the NBA. The Raptors rank 12 in blocks allowed per game (4.825).
- Toronto ranks 4 in steals allowed per game (7.075) while Milwaukee ranks 5 (7.108108108108108).
- Toronto ranks 10th in second chance points per game (13.8) while Milwaukee ranks 25th (11.8).
- Toronto is 8-1 when they allow less than 100 points, while Milwaukee is 9-1.
- The Bucks are 27-7 when they reach 100 points, while the Raptors are 25-9.
- Toronto is 9-11-1 ATS on the road, while Milwaukee is 13-7 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 11 of the Bucks’ 20 home games, while 11 of the Raptors’ 21 road games have gone over.
- The Bucks are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 1-3-1.
- In their last five games, Milwaukee has 4 unders and 1 over, while Toronto has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bucks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 19.8, up from 9.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raptors have scored an average of 103.4 points per game (9.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 110.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average).