The Toronto Maple Leafs, led by Auston Matthews and William Nylander, are set to take the ice against David Perron, Ryan O’Reilly, and the St. Louis Blues at the Enterprise Center in an East-West tilt. The game gets going at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 7, and you’ll be able to catch it live on Fox Sports Midwest.
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. St. Louis Blues Odds
St. Louis is 18-12 straight-up (SU) and has earned 3.1 units for moneyline bettors this year. That winning percentage, ranked fifth in the NHL so far this season, is fairly close to what the team posted during the 2018-19 season (45-37). Of its 30 games this season, 12 have gone under the total, while 12 have gone over and none have pushed. This season, the team’s 8-6 SU at home.
The Blues have converted on 24.7 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a figure that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. On the other hand, their penalty kill is ranked third overall, and they’ve successfully killed off 86.2 percent of all penalties.
Averaging 28.6 saves per game with a .925 save percentage, Jordan Binnington (13-9-4) has been the primary option in goal for the Blue Notes this season. If St. Louis decides to give him the night off, however, head coach Craig Berube may go with Jake Allen (5-3-3 record, .926 save percentage, 2.35 goals against average).
On the other bench, Toronto is 13-17 straight up (SU) and has lost 8.2 units for moneyline bettors this year. 16 of its outings have gone over the total, while 13 have gone under the total and just one has pushed. As a road team so far, the Maple Leafs are 6-9 SU.
The Maple Leafs have converted on 19.0 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 27th overall and it’s successfully killed off 75.5 percent of all opponent power plays.
Frederik Andersen (28.6 saves per game) has been the primary option in goal for Toronto. Andersen owns a 13-10-3 record, while registering a .918 save percentage and 2.56 goals against average this year.
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. St. Louis Blues Free Picks
Pick: SU Winner – Blues, O/U – Under
- The Maple Leafs are 1-2 in games decided by a shootout this season while the Blues are 0-3 in shootouts.
- For both of these teams, the under has hit in three of their past five matches.
- The Maple Leafs are 5-1 when they attempt 10+ shots more than their opponent. They’ve averaged the league’s fifth-most shots on goal (33.9) while St. Louis’s attempted the 25th-most (just 29.5).
- Over Toronto’s last ten games, nine of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 3-6 in those games).
- Toronto skaters created 18.8 hits per game last season, while the Blues logged 22.5 hits per contest.