Auston Matthews, Mitchell Marner, and the Toronto Maple Leafs are set to do battle against Connor Brown, Anthony Duclair, and the Ottawa Senators at Canadian Tire Centre in an Atlantic Division showdown. The first puck will drop at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, and it can be seen live on CBC Sports.
Toronto Maple Leafs at Ottawa Senators Odds
The Maple Leafs (-200) are tabbed as the favorites over the Senators (+170) and oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at 7 goals (-135 for the over, +115 for the under).
Toronto is 30-28 straight up (SU) and has lost 9.2 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Through 58 regular season contests, 33 of its games have gone over the total, while 23 have gone under and just two have pushed. The Leafs are 15-13 SU as an away team in 2019-20.
Toronto has converted on 24.8 percent of its power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s good enough for fourth-best in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 24th overall, and it has successfully killed off 77.8 percent of its penalties..
Averaging 27.5 saves per game with a .909 save percentage, Frederik Andersen (24-19-6) has been the best option in goal for Toronto this year. If Toronto chooses to rest him, however, head coach Sheldon Keefe might roll with Jack Campbell (10-13-3 record, .903 save percentage, 2.80 goals against average).
Ottawa is 19-38 straight up (SU) and has lost 13.3 units for moneyline bettors thus far. Through 57 regular season outings, 30 of its games have gone over the total, while 26 have gone under and just one has pushed. This year, the team’s 13-16 SU at home.
The Senators have converted on just 14.5 percent of their power play opportunities this year, a mark that’s ranked 31st in the NHL. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked 21st overall, and it’s successfully killed off 78.8 percent of all opponent power plays.
Craig Anderson (26.0 saves per game) has been the primary choice in the crease for the Senators. Anderson has seven wins, 18 losses, and two OT losses and has maintained a mediocre 3.27 goals against average and a fairly-weak .899 save percentage this season.
Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Ottawa Senators Betting Predictions
Free NHL Tip: SU Winner – Senators, O/U – Under
- Six of Ottawa’s last ten contests have been decided by two or more goals. The team is 2-4 overall in those games.
- The Senators are 6-16 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 10-18 when they serve fewer than 10 total penalty minutes.
- Ottawa is 0-5 in games decided by a shootout this season while Toronto is 1-4 in shootouts.
- The under has hit in four of Ottawa’s last five outings.
- Toronto is ranked 25th this season with 11.8 giveaways per game. That figure has trended higher recently, as the team’s averaged 13.4 giveaways over its last 10 games and 14.4 giveaways over its last five.
- Ottawa has averaged 12.4 giveaways over its last five home games, a rise over its season average of 10.8 giveaways per game (ranked 22nd).
- The Sens this season have registered the third-most hits in the league (27.6 per game).