Morgan Rielly, Mitchell Marner, and the Toronto Maple Leafs will do battle against Ilya Kovalchuk, Drew Doughty, and the Los Angeles Kings at the Staples Center in an East-West tilt. Fox Sports West will air the game, and the opening face-off is at 10:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 13.
Toronto Maple Leafs at Los Angeles Kings Odds
Toronto (+110) is entering this one as the underdog to Toronto (-130), and the Over/Under (O/U) is set at 6 goals. The line for betting that total stands at -120 money on the over and +100 on the under.
Toronto is 11-6 straight up (SU) and has earned 1.4 units for moneyline bettors this year. Through 17 regular season matches, 11 of its games have gone under the total, while five have gone over and just one has pushed. This 2018-19 Maple Leafs team is 6-1 SU on the road.
Toronto has converted on 24.4 percent of its power play chances this year, a figure that places them in the top-10 among NHL teams. Additionally, it has the seventh-best penalty kill in the league, and it has successfully killed off 83.7 percent of all penalties..
Averaging 28.9 saves per game with a .933 save percentage, Frederik Andersen (9-5) has been the top option in goal for Toronto this year. If Toronto chooses to rest him, however, they could roll with Garret Sparks (2-1 record, .879 save percentage, 4.00 goals against average).
On the other side of the rink, Los Angeles is 5-11 straight up (SU) and has lost 8.5 units for moneyline bettors this year. Nine of its matches have gone under the total, while six have gone over and just one has pushed. Thus far, the team’s 4-6 SU as the home team.
The Kings have converted on just 14.8 percent of their power play chances this year, a mark that places them in the bottom 5 overall among NHL teams. On the other hand, its penalty kill is ranked ninth overall, and it’s successfully killed off 82.2 percent of all penalties.
Jack Campbell (25.0 saves per game) has been the primary option in the crease for the Kings. Campbell has five wins and eight losses and has recorded a 2.33 goals against average and a .923 save percentage this season.
Toronto Maple Leafs at Los Angeles Kings Betting Predictions
Free Pick: SU Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- Eight of Los Angeles’ last ten games have been decided by two or more goals. The club is 2-6 overall in those games.
- Power plays and penalty kills may have a critical role in the outcome of this matchup. The Maple Leafs are 4-1 in games where they serve fewer penalty minutes than their opponent and 9-6 when they serve fewer than 10 penalty minutes, in total. The Kings are 2-7 when the team serves fewer penalty minutes than the opposition and 2-9 in games where total penalty minutes are in the single digits.
- Toronto could have an advantage if this one comes down to the wire. The team’s 3-1 in games decided by one goal, while Los Angeles is 1-3 in such games.
- The total has gone under in four of Los Angeles’ last five outings.
- Toronto is ranked 30th this season with 12.7 giveaways per game. That figure has trended upward lately, as it’s averaged 14.4 giveaways over its last 10 games and 14.0 giveaways over its last five.
- Los Angeles skaters have averaged 12.4 giveaways over its last five home games, right in line with its season average of 12.2 giveaways per game (ranked 27th in the league).
- The Kings this season have handed the 12th-most hits in the league (22.6 per game).