The Toledo Rockets (12-3, 0-2 MAC) will be at University Arena in Read Fieldhouse to clash with the Western Michigan Broncos (6-9, 0-2 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game gets underway at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Toledo Rockets vs. Western Michigan Broncos Betting Odds
Both teams lost in their last contest. The Broncos were beaten by the Kent State Golden Flashes, 88-73, while the Rockets got blown out by the 19th-ranked Buffalo Bulls, 110-80.
Toledo had a free throw rate of 0.239 (above their season average of 0.239) while Western Michigan had a better free throw rate (0.222 vs. 0.194). Western Michigan’s Michael Flowers had a solid performance, putting up 20 points and six assists. Toledo was led by Chris Darrington, who had 21 points.
The Rockets dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the last game, Toledo won 85-81. Toledo made 13 of its 28 three pointers (46.4 percent). Western Michigan, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (4.8 vs. 12.0). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
The offense of Western Michigan (222nd in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 103.4) will go head-to-head against the stingy defense of Toledo (81st in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 96.5). The Rockets should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Toledo vs. Western Michigan Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Toledo, ATS Winner – Toledo, O/U – Under
- Toledo ranks 22nd in assists per game (16.9) while Western Michigan ranks 170th (12.3).
- The Rockets average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 56th in the nation. The Broncos rank 98th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- The Rockets average 26.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 48th in the nation. The Broncos rank 173rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.7).
- Toledo ranks 16th in rebounds per game (40.9) while Western Michigan ranks 100th in rebounds allowed per game (34.2).
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 66.4 points per game (5.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 72.0 points per game (0.2 below their season average).
- The Rockets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, down from 12.3 for the season.