The Toledo Rockets (19-7, 11-2 MAC) look to continue a five-game road winning streak when they square off with the Ball State Cardinals (17-9, 8-5 MAC) at John E. Worthen Arena. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
Toledo Rockets vs. Ball State Cardinals Odds Preview
The last time the Rockets played, they were victorious over the Ohio Bobcats, 82-74. Jaelan Sanford led Toledo in scoring with 21 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Toledo played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.627 (above their season average of 0.277) and a turnover percentage of 14.1 (better than their season average of 15.0). Ohio was 0.238 and 16.3, respectively, for those same stats.
The Cardinals hope to keep it rolling after beating the Akron Zips in their last contest, 90-77. Tahjai Teague played well for Ball State, recording 21 points and 10 rebounds. Ball State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.375 (above their season average of 0.226) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.4 (above their season average of 27.2). For those same stats, Akron put up marks of 0.185 and 24.4, respectively.
Getting to the line might be rare for Ball State in this contest. The Cardinals rank 206th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.231, while Toledo ranks 22nd in FTA rate allowed (0.181). Ball protection should be an advantage for the Rockets. They rank 57th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.9 percent). Conversely, the Cardinals force the 68th-fewest turnovers in the nation (opponents turnover percentage of 17.1 percent).
Trey Moses has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Ball State, averaging 17.6 points, 9.2 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Cardinals won 75-63. The Cardinals dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 35.8 and a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.6. The Rockets put up marks of 15.2 and 10.0, respectively, for those same stats. Teague put up a double-double in the victory with 21 points and 11 rebounds.
Toledo Rockets vs. Ball State Cardinals Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Toledo, ATS Winner – Toledo, O/U – Under
- The Rockets rank 70th in blocks per game (4.0) while the Cardinals rank 144th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Ball State ranks 188th in steals per game (5.3) while Toledo ranks 247th (3.8).
- Toledo averages 24.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 71st in the nation. Ball State ranks 204th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- The Rockets rank 25th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while the Cardinals rank 151st (13.7).
- Ball State ranks 65th in rebounds per game (37.9) while Toledo ranks 175th in rebounds allowed per game (35.6).
- The Cardinals average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.0, up from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rockets have scored an average of 75.4 points per game (4.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.8 points per game (4.3 below their season average).