The Toledo Rockets (12-14, 4-9 MAC) will be at University Arena in Read Fieldhouse to challenge the Western Michigan Broncos (11-15, 4-9 MAC) in a MAC matchup. The game begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Toledo Rockets vs. Western Michigan Broncos Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last matchup. The Broncos fell to the Akron Zips, 71-67, while the Rockets were defeated by the Buffalo Bulls, 83-67.
Toledo did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (22-28; 78.6 percent) while Western Michigan held Akron to an effective field goal percentage of 0.448 (below their season average of 0.530). Michael Flowers fueled Western Michigan with 22 points, six rebounds and five assists. Willie Jackson had a good outing for Toledo, recording 11 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Luke Knapke led the Rockets to a 67-59 victory. He registered a double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds. The Rockets’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Broncos. Toledo had a rate of 39.4, while Western Michigan posted a mark of 21.4.
The productive offense of Toledo (54th in the country with an offensive efficiency of 108.6) will square off against the porous defense of Western Michigan (295th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 105.2). The Rockets should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Toledo Rockets at Western Michigan Broncos Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Western Michigan, ATS Winner – Western Michigan, O/U – Under
- Toledo ranks 65th in assists per game (14.5) while Western Michigan ranks 248th (11.0).
- The Rockets rank 174th in steals per game (5.7) while the Broncos rank 227th (5.0).
- Western Michigan ranks 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Toledo ranks 89th (3.2).
- The Rockets average 38.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 60th in the nation. The Broncos rank 234th in rebounds allowed per game (37.1).
- Toledo averages 24.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 61st in the country. Western Michigan ranks 188th in three pointers allowed per game (22.7).
- The Rockets have been outscored by an average of 3.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Toledo has defeated opponents by an average of 4.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Broncos have scored an average of 62.2 points per game (7.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (5.0 below their season average).