The Cornell Big Red (1-2) will be at home in Newman Arena at Bartels Hall when they take on the Toledo Rockets (3-1). Toledo is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 153.5 points. Tip-off is set for 4 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017.
Toledo Rockets vs. Cornell Big Red Odds Preview
The Rockets lost to the Syracuse Orange in their last contest, 72-64. Toledos TreShaun Fletcher had a good performance, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Syracuse held the Rockets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.0 (below their season average of 27.1). Toledo, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (16-22; 72.7 percent).
In the Big Reds last matchup, they were topped by the Colgate Raiders, 72-61. Matt Morgan was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 8-for-18 shooting. Colgates 0.210 free throw rate was their biggest advantage over Cornell, who had a mark of 0.156.
It could be a tough game for Cornell on the offensive glass. Dating back to last season, the Big Red rank 328th in offensive rebounding percentage (23.0 percent), while Toledo ranks 45th in defensive rebounding percentage (74.1 percent). Also, the Rockets 59th-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 111.3) will try to exploit the Big Reds 299th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 108.9).
The Rockets have had records of 20-17 straight up (SU) and 22-13 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Toledo games since last season with 18 unders compared to 17 overs.
Meanwhile, the Big Red, are 9-23 SU and 10-12-2 ATS since last season. Cornells games have had no tendency in regards to the O/U total over that same stretch as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under.
Toledo Rockets vs. Cornell Big Red Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Toledo, ATS Winner – Toledo, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rockets average 4.0 steals per game, which ranks 301st in the NCAA. The Big Red rank 249th in steals allowed per game (7.5).
- Toledo ranks 184th in blocks per game (3.0) while Cornell ranks 233rd (2.6).
- Toledo averages 16.0 assists per game, which ranks 33rd in the nation. Cornell ranks 216th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Rockets rank 74th in rebounds per game (37.8) while the Big Red rank 249th (34.1).
- Cornell ranks 39th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Toledo ranks 147th (21.6).