The Central Michigan Chippewas (13-13, 6-7 MAC) welcome the Toledo Rockets (13-14, 5-9 MAC) to McGuirk Arena. The Chippewas will try to snap their five-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
Toledo Rockets at Central Michigan Chippewas Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Chippewas lost a tough one against the Northern Illinois Huskies, 82-81, while the Rockets beat the Western Michigan Broncos, 68-59.
Toledo played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 15.8) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.491 (below their season average of 0.516). Western Michigan recorded marks of 13.5 and 0.388, respectively, for those same stats. Central Michigan, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (11.5 vs. 12.6). David DiLeo had a good game for Central Michigan with 25 points and eight rebounds. Willie Jackson had a solid performance for Toledo, contributing 19 points and 10 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Dallas Morgan led the Chippewas to a 74-67 win. He was the game’s top overall scorer with 22 points. Central Michigan’s 0.254 free throw rate was their largest strength over Toledo, who had a mark of 0.164.
Central Michigan should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Central Michigan ranks 51st in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.0 percent), while Toledo forces the 45th-fewest turnovers (17.0 percent). Additionally, the Rockets are among the NCAA’s elite at getting to the line, ranking 52nd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.270). The Chippewas, however, rank 41st in opponents’ FTA rate (0.180).
Toledo Rockets vs. Central Michigan Chippewas ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Central Michigan, ATS Winner – Central Michigan, O/U – Under
- Toledo ranks 70th in three pointers attempted per game (24.6) while Central Michigan ranks 252nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- The Rockets rank 62nd in assists per game (14.4) while the Chippewas rank 202nd in assists allowed per game (13.8).
- Toledo ranks 96th in blocks per game (3.4) while Central Michigan ranks 103rd in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- The Rockets average 38.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 59th in the nation. The Chippewas rank 228th in rebounds allowed per game (37.5).
- Central Michigan ranks 13th in steals per game (9.1) while Toledo ranks 163rd (5.8).
- The Rockets have been outscored by an average of 1.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Toledo has defeated opponents by an average of 4.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Chippewas have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (2.1 above their season average).