The 24th-ranked Texas Tech Red Raiders (16-8, 7-4 Big 12) will be at Gallagher-Iba Arena to go head-to-head against the Oklahoma State Cowboys (12-12, 2-9 Big 12) in a Big 12 matchup. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020.
Texas Tech Red Raiders at Oklahoma State Cowboys Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Cowboys defeated the Kansas State Wildcats 64-59, while the Red Raiders dismantled the TCU Horned Frogs 88-42.
The Red Raiders had a great turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 17.6) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.726 (above their season average of 0.510). The Cowboys, meanwhile, had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.419 (above their season average of 0.233) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.535 (above their season average of 0.464). Yor Anei fueled Oklahoma State with 15 points and seven rebounds. Texas Tech, meanwhile, was lifted by Kyler Edwards, who contributed 14 points.
In their first matchup this season, TJ Holyfield led the Red Raiders to an 85-50 win. He recorded 17 points and seven rebounds. Texas Tech’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Oklahoma State. The Red Raiders had a rate of 0.627 while the Cowboys posted a mark of 0.375.
The Red Raiders’ Jahmi’us Ramsey has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 17 points,1.2 steals per game. Meanwhile, Cameron McGriff has averaged 12 points,6.6 rebounds during that same time frame for the Cowboys.
Oklahoma State might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the country’s best defenses. Texas Tech ranks 14th in defensive efficiency, while the Cowboys rank 257th in offensive efficiency.
Texas Tech Red Raiders at Oklahoma State Cowboys Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Texas Tech, ATS Winner – Texas Tech, O/U – Under
- Texas Tech ranks 67th in three pointers allowed per game (19.7) while Oklahoma State ranks 275th (25.7).
- The Red Raiders rank 44th in steals per game (7.8) while the Cowboys rank 85th (6.9).
- Texas Tech averages 34.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 177th in the nation. Oklahoma State ranks 194th in rebounds allowed per game (36.1).
- The Red Raiders rank 23rd in assists per game (15.8) while the Cowboys rank 204th (11.9).
- Texas Tech averages 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 50th in the country. Oklahoma State ranks 115th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (2.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (2.5 above their season average).
- The Red Raiders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.8, up from 10.8 for the season.