The No. 20 Northwestern Wildcats (3-1) and the Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-0) battle in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off Naismith at Mohegan Sun Arena. Action starts at 5:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 19, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Northwestern Wildcats Odds Preview
In the Red Raiders last contest, they were victorious over the Boston College Eagles, 75-64. Keenan Evans was the games high scorer with 29 points on 9-for-16 shooting. The Red Raiders had a much better turnover percentage (13.3 vs. 22.3) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.475 vs. 0.462).
The Wildcats will look to keep it rolling after defeating the La Salle Explorers in their last game, 82-74. Northwestern was lifted by Bryant McIntosh, who was the teams high scorer with 21 points on 8-for-15 shooting. The Wildcats had a phenomenal effective field goal percentage of 0.667 (above their season average of 0.523) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0 (above their season average of 26.9).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAAs slowest-paced teams face off. Northwestern ranks 308th in possessions per game (66.4) and Texas Tech is 307th (66.4) since last season.
Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Northwestern Wildcats Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northwestern, ATS Winner – Northwestern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Red Raiders rank 44th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Wildcats rank 94th (5.8).
- Texas Tech ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (11.1) while Northwestern ranks 77th (12.2).
- Texas Tech ranks 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while Northwestern ranks 193rd (3.8).
- The Red Raiders rank ninth in rebounds allowed per game (30.2) while the Wildcats rank 158th (35.0).
- Northwestern ranks 184th in three pointers attempted per game (20.8) while Texas Tech ranks 284th (18.0).