The Texas Tech Red Raiders (17-9, 8-5 Big 12) will be at James H. Hilton Coliseum to take on the Iowa State Cyclones (11-15, 4-9 Big 12) in a Big 12 matchup. The game will air on ESPNU at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Iowa State Cyclones ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Cyclones lost big to the third-ranked Kansas Jayhawks, 91-71, while the Red Raiders were victorious over the Kansas State Wildcats, 69-62.
The Red Raiders made 15 of their 17 free throws (88.2 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.520). Iowa State, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.1 vs. 16.1). Michael Jacobson led the way for Iowa State, recording 13 points, eight rebounds and five assists. Texas Tech, meanwhile, rallied around Davide Moretti, who finished with 18 points.
In their first matchup this year, Kyler Edwards led the Red Raiders to a 72-52 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 22 points. One of Texas Tech’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 13-15 (86.7 percent), while the Cyclones were 9-11 (81.8 percent).
The offense of Iowa State will square off against the stingy defense of Texas Tech. The Cyclones rank 142nd in offensive efficiency, while the Red Raiders are 18th in defensive efficiency. The Red Raiders should have the edge on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Red Raiders are among the country’s best at getting to the line, ranking 36th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.277). The Cyclones, however, rank 39th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.179).
Texas Tech at Iowa State Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Iowa State, ATS Winner – Iowa State, O/U – Under
- Texas Tech ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while Iowa State ranks 163rd (13.0).
- The Red Raiders rank 222nd in rebounds per game (33.8) while the Cyclones rank 224th in rebounds allowed per game (36.8).
- The Red Raiders rank 42nd in steals per game (7.9) while the Cyclones rank 184th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Iowa State averages 4.4 blocks per game, which ranks 39th in the NCAA. Texas Tech ranks 80th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- During their last five games, the Cyclones have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (4.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (1.8 above their season average).
- The Red Raiders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.6, up from 10.1 for the season.