The 11th-ranked Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-0) clash against the Houston Baptist Huskies (0-2) at Chaparral Center. Action starts at 8 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 13, 2019.
Texas Tech Red Raiders vs. Houston Baptist Huskies Betting Odds
In their last outing, the Huskies were beaten by the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles, 95-81, while the Red Raiders won big over the Bethune-Cookman Wildcats, 79-44.
Texas Tech dominated every facet of the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.271 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4. Bethune-Cookman put up marks of 0.123 and 17.1, respectively, for those same stats. Houston Baptist, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.225 vs. 0.231). Houston Baptist’s Jalon Gates played well, contributing 25 points. Meanwhile, Texas Tech was lifted by TJ Holyfield, who had 20 points and six rebounds.
It will be a matchup of contrasting styles as the up-and-down Huskies will look to push the more methodical Red Raiders. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Huskies rank seventh in possessions per game while the Red Raiders are 274th. Moreover, the Red Raiders’ 59th-ranked offense (effective field goal percentage of 0.537) will square off against the Huskies’ 341st-ranked defense (effective field goal percentage allowed of 0.555).
Texas Tech vs. Houston Baptist ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Texas Tech, ATS Winner – Texas Tech, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Texas Tech ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (9.7) while Houston Baptist ranks 286th (15.7).
- The Huskies rank 46th in rebounds per game (38.2) while the Red Raiders rank 214th (34.5).
- Houston Baptist ranks 263rd in three pointers attempted per game (20.1) while Texas Tech ranks 267th (19.8).
- The Red Raiders rank 16th in blocks per game (4.8) while the Huskies rank 267th (1.9).
- Texas Tech averages 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 59th in the country. Houston Baptist ranks 263rd in steals allowed per game (7.7).