The UT Arlington Mavericks (13-16, 9-9 SBC) close out their home schedule at College Park Center against the Texas State Bobcats (19-10, 12-6 SBC). The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, February 28, 2020, and will air on ESPN2.
Texas State Bobcats at UT Arlington Mavericks ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Mavericks lost big to the Georgia Southern Eagles, 81-61, while the Bobcats defeated the Georgia State Panthers, 86-76.
Texas State played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 5.1 (better than their season average of 14.9) and a free throw rate of 0.387 (above their season average of 0.272). Georgia State recorded marks of 15.7 and 0.155, respectively, for those same stats. UT Arlington, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (12.2 vs. 18.2). UT Arlington’s Jabari Narcis had a solid performance, recording 19 points and six rebounds. Texas State, meanwhile, received a boost from Nijal Pearson, who contributed 18 points and nine rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, David Azore led the Mavericks to a 64-62 win. He recorded 19 points and six rebounds. The Mavericks’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Bobcats. UT Arlington had a rate of 32.3, while Texas State posted a mark of 21.9.
Ball security could play a key role in this meeting. UT Arlington commits the 36th-fewest miscues in the country (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while the disruptive defense of Texas State forces the 36th-most (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.6 percent).
Texas State vs. UT Arlington Free Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Texas State, ATS Winner – Texas State, O/U – Over
- UT Arlington ranks 59th in three pointers attempted per game (24.9) while Texas State ranks 303rd (15.9).
- The Bobcats are 20th in the country with 5.0 steals allowed per game while the Mavericks are 22nd with 5.1 steals allowed per game.
- The Bobcats rank 70th in rebounds allowed per game (33.0) while the Mavericks rank 242nd (37.9).
- Texas State ranks 44th in assists allowed per game (10.9) while UT Arlington ranks 150th (12.8).
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (4.7 above their season average).
- The Bobcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.0, down from 9.2 for the season.