The Texas State Bobcats (11-8, 4-4 SBC) will be at the Cajun Dome to clash against the Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (7-12, 2-6 SBC) in a SBC matchup. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 18, 2020.
Texas State Bobcats vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Ragin’ Cajuns lost to the UT Arlington Mavericks, 81-65, while the Bobcats edged the Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks, 64-63.
Texas State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 15.5) and a free throw rate of 0.339 (above their season average of 0.311). Louisiana-Monroe was 19.4 and 0.163, respectively, for those same stats. Louisiana, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.271 (above their season average of 0.254). Jalen Johnson played well for Louisiana with 23 points and eight rebounds. Nijal Pearson, meanwhile had a good game for Texas State, recording 23 points and seven rebounds.
The Bobcats won the sole contest between these two teams last year, 64-62. The Bobcats’ 37.1 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Ragin’ Cajuns, who had a rate of 30.8. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
This has potential to be an error-filled game for the Louisiana offense. Louisiana ranks 257th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 20.4 percent), while the pesky defense of Texas State forces the 56th-most turnovers in the country (22.7 percent).
Texas State Bobcats vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns ATS Pick
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Texas State, ATS Winner – Texas State, O/U – Under
- Louisiana ranks 99th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while Texas State ranks 276th (15.7).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns rank 159th in rebounds per game (35.5) while the Bobcats rank 226th (33.5).
- The Bobcats rank 28th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while the Ragin’ Cajuns rank 154th (7.2).
- Texas State ranks 144th in assists per game (12.9) while Louisiana ranks 228th (10.8).
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (0.4 above their season average).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 4.7 for the season.