A nine-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Georgia State Panthers (14-5, 5-1 SBC) when they take on the Texas State Bobcats (16-3, 5-1 SBC) at GSU Sports Arena. The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Texas State Bobcats at Georgia State Panthers ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Panthers lost a tough one against the Troy Trojans, 77-75, while the Bobcats defeated the Arkansas State Red Wolves, 77-64.
Texas State dominated every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.500 (above their season average of 0.236) and a turnover percentage of 12.6 (better than their season average of 17.3). For those same stats, Arkansas State was 0.211 and 18.7, respectively. Georgia State, meanwhile, was lights out from beyond the arc (12-30; 40.0 percent). D’Marcus Simonds had a solid game for Georgia State with 28 points and nine rebounds. Texas State, meanwhile, received a boost from Nijal Pearson, who recorded 29 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Malik Benlevi led the Panthers to a 73-69 victory. He scored a game-high 22 points. Georgia State did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (18-23; 78.3 percent). Texas State, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.4 vs. 20.0).
This battle pits one of the country’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Georgia State currently ranks 52nd in effective field goal percentage (0.550) and Texas State is 12th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.445).
Texas State Bobcats vs. Georgia State Panthers Odds Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Georgia State, ATS Winner – Texas State, O/U – Under
- Texas State ranks 34th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while Georgia State ranks 255th (39.1).
- The Panthers rank 30th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Bobcats rank 169th (2.4).
- Georgia State ranks 31st in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Texas State ranks 84th (6.0).
- The Bobcats rank 25th in assists allowed per game (10.5) while the Panthers rank 213th (15.2).
- Texas State ranks 86th in three pointers allowed per game (21.1) while Georgia State ranks 267th (27.3).
- The Panthers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 3.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (3.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.8 points per game (3.9 above their season average).