The Texas State Bobcats (2-1) take on the Cal Poly Mustangs (1-2) at Earle A. Chiles Center. The game is scheduled to start at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 21, 2018.
Texas State Bobcats vs. Cal Poly Mustangs Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Mustangs fell to the Washington State Cougars, 84-70, while the Bobcats were defeated by the Drake Bulldogs, 75-69.
Texas State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.4 vs. 23.1) while Cal Poly had a better effective field goal percentage (0.524 vs. 0.575). Cal Poly was led by Donovan Fields, who contributed 22 points and seven assists. Nijal Pearson, meanwhile played well for Texas State, recording 19 points.
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. Cal Poly ranks 265th in possessions per game (68.0) and Texas State is 338th (65.5) since last season.
Texas State Bobcats vs. Cal Poly Mustangs Free Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Cal Poly, ATS Winner – Cal Poly, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Texas State ranks 27th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while Cal Poly ranks 247th (36.8).
- The Mustangs average 3.9 blocks per game, which ranks 93rd in the nation. The Bobcats rank 226th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Texas State ranks 191st in steals per game (5.8) while Cal Poly ranks 265th (4.9).
- The Mustangs rank 84th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while the Bobcats rank 257th (19.6).
- Texas State ranks 99th in assists allowed per game (12.5) while Cal Poly ranks 263rd (14.8).