A five-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Arkansas Razorbacks (7-3) when they challenge the Texas State Bobcats (10-1) at Bud Walton Arena. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 22, 2018, and will air on SEC Network.
Texas State Bobcats vs. Arkansas Razorbacks ATS Odds
In their last game, the Razorbacks lost a winnable game to the Texas Longhorns, 73-71, while the Bobcats beat the Air Force Falcons, 67-57.
The Bobcats had a much better turnover percentage (14.5 vs. 24.4) and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.549 vs. 0.500). Arkansas, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.475 vs. 0.388). Daniel Gafford fueled Arkansas with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Texas State was led by Nijal Pearson, who put up 21 points and five assists.
Gafford and Isaiah Joe have played at a high level over the last five games for Arkansas. Gafford has averaged 0 points, while Joe has recorded 0 points a game during that span.
This showdown figures to be low-scoring as a pair of the nation’s top defenses face off. Arkansas currently ranks 56th in defensive efficiency (94.1) and Texas State is 20th (89.6). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Bobcats. They rank 260th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.4 percent), while the Razorbacks force the 58th-most turnovers in the NCAA (opponents’ turnover percentage of 22.3 percent).
Texas State Bobcats at Arkansas Razorbacks Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Arkansas, ATS Winner – Texas State, O/U – Over
- Texas State ranks 16th in rebounds allowed per game (30.4) while Arkansas ranks 219th (39.1).
- The Bobcats rank 18th in assists per game (17.6) while the Razorbacks rank 92nd in assists allowed per game (12.5).
- Arkansas ranks 31st in steals per game (8.3) while Texas State ranks 91st (6.7).
- The Bobcats rank 114th in three pointers allowed per game (22.0) while the Razorbacks rank 239th (26.9).
- Arkansas ranks fourth in blocks per game (6.4) while Texas State ranks 120th (2.8).
- The Razorbacks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.4, down from 12.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bobcats have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 55.2 points per game (6.2 below their season average).