The Texas Southern Tigers (0-3) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they meet the Syracuse Orange (2-0) at Carrier Dome. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Texas Southern Tigers vs. Syracuse Orange Free Preview
In the Tigers last outing, they were blown out by the Ohio State Buckeyes, 82-64. With 17 points on 4-for-14 shooting, Donte Clark was Texas Southerns leading scorer. Ohio State had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.1 vs. 18.8). Texas Southern, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (14-15; 93.3 percent).
The Orange come in on a high note after beating the Iona Gaels in their last matchup, 71-62. With 28 points on 11-for-19 shooting, Tyus Battle was the top scorer from either team. Syracuse played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.241 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6. For those same stats, Iona recorded marks of 0.133 and 25.6, respectively.
Syracuse figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. Dating back to last season, the Orange rank 44th in offensive efficiency, while the Tigers rank 225th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Tigers, who rank ninth in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.316), will battle against the Orange, who rank 28th in opponents FTA rate (0.193).
Texas Southern Tigers at Syracuse Orange Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas Southern, ATS Winner – Texas Southern, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Orange average 35.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 184th in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 285th in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).
- Texas Southern ranks 65th in steals per game (7.1) while Syracuse ranks 133rd in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Texas Southern ranks 35th in three pointers allowed per game (18.4) while Syracuse ranks 305th (25.6).
- The Orange rank 51st in assists per game (15.5) while the Tigers rank 268th (11.7).
- Syracuse ranks 32nd in blocks per game (4.8) while Texas Southern ranks 159th (3.2).