The San Diego State Aztecs welcome the Texas Southern Tigers to Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl to begin the new season. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Texas Southern Tigers at San Diego State Aztecs ATS Odds
Texas Southern was unable make the tournament following a 19-12 regular season campaign last season. San Diego State also was unable make the tournament after an 18-10 regular season.
San Diego State figures to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. Last season, the Aztecs ranked 47th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.478), while Texas Southern was 153rd in effective field goal percentage (0.513).
Texas Southern Tigers vs. San Diego State Aztecs Betting Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – San Diego State, ATS Winner – San Diego State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- San Diego State ranks 85th in assists per game (14.3) while Texas Southern ranks 284th in assists allowed per game (15.9).
- The Aztecs rank 46th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Tigers rank 174th (3.6).
- Texas Southern averages 22.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 164th in the country. San Diego State ranks 234th in three pointers allowed per game (23.9).
- The Tigers rank 21st in steals per game (8.1) while the Aztecs rank 192nd (5.8).
- San Diego State ranks 129th in rebounds per game (36.1) while Texas Southern ranks 287th in rebounds allowed per game (38.4).