The Iowa State Cyclones (2-0) will be at home in James H. Hilton Coliseum when they take on the Texas Southern Tigers (1-1). The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 12, 2018.
Texas Southern Tigers vs. Iowa State Cyclones Betting Odds
In their last game, the Cyclones defeated the Missouri Tigers, 76-59, while the Tigers lost big to the third-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 104-67.
The Cyclones had a much better turnover percentage (9.5 vs. 32.7) and had a much better free throw rate (0.471 vs. 0.273). Texas Southern, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (16.1 vs. 12.8). Iowa State was led by Nick Weiler-Babb, who recorded 16 points and six assists. Meanwhile, Trayvon Reed had a good outing for Texas Southern, finishing with 14 points and 16 rebounds.
There’s a decent chance that Texas Southern struggles to create turnovers. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, Iowa State ranks 71st in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.1 percent), while Texas Southern has forced the 42nd-fewest turnovers (16.5 percent). Moreover, the Tigers have been among the nation’s elite at getting to the line, ranking 10th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.305). The Cyclones, however, rank 29th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.188).
Texas Southern Tigers vs. Iowa State Cyclones Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Texas Southern, ATS Winner – Texas Southern, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Iowa State ranks 111th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Texas Southern ranks 297th in rebounds allowed per game (38.7).
- The Cyclones rank 155th in assists per game (13.7) while the Tigers rank 289th in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- Texas Southern ranks 188th in steals per game (5.7) while Iowa State ranks 240th (5.2).
- The Cyclones rank 59th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Tigers rank 224th in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Texas Southern ranks 138th in three pointers allowed per game (21.3) while Iowa State ranks 288th (24.9).