The undefeated No. 3 Kansas Jayhawks (3-0) try to continue their impressive start when they square off with the winless Texas Southern Tigers (0-4) at Allen Fieldhouse. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Texas Southern Tigers at Kansas Jayhawks Odds Preview
In the Tigers last matchup, they lost to the Syracuse Orange, 80-67. Donte Clark had a solid game for Texas Southern, leading the team in scoring with 20 points on 5-for-13 shooting. Syracuse had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (43.2 vs. 22.6). Texas Southern, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.531 vs. 0.526).
The Jayhawks will look to keep it rolling after blowing out the South Dakota State Jackrabbits in their last contest, 98-64. Kansas received a boost from Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk, who was the top scorer from either team with 27 points on 10-for-17 shooting. The Jayhawks had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.713 vs. 0.375) and had a better turnover percentage (9.3 vs. 13.8).
Expect Kansas to dominate the offensive glass in this battle. The Jayhawks rank 47th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.8 percent), while Texas Southern ranks 345th in defensive rebounding percentage (64.6 percent) since the 2016-17 season.
Texas Southern Tigers at Kansas Jayhawks Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Jayhawks rank 47th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Tigers rank 162nd (3.2).
- Texas Southern ranks 37th in three pointers allowed per game (18.6) while Kansas ranks 149th (20.9).
- Kansas averages 38.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 41st in the NCAA. Texas Southern ranks 285th in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- The Jayhawks rank 18th in assists per game (16.6) while the Tigers rank 260th (11.8).
- Texas Southern ranks 53rd in steals allowed per game (5.4) while Kansas ranks 229th (6.8).