The Oklahoma State Cowboys (9-2) will be at home in Gallagher-Iba Arena when they meet the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (6-7). Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Friday, December 22, 2017.
Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Preview
The Vaqueros were blown out by the UT Arlington Mavericks in their last outing, 86-65. Nick Dixon put together a good game for Texas-Rio Grande Valley, recording 15 points and nine rebounds. UT Arlington held the Vaqueros to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.0 (below their season average of 28.5). Texas-Rio Grande Valley, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.230 vs. 0.137).
In the Cowboys last matchup, they topped the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, 71-59. Oklahoma State was lifted by Jeffrey Carroll, who finished with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Oklahoma State played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.9 (better than their season average of 15.7) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 (above their season average of 32.2). For those same stats, Tulsa put up marks of 16.9 and 25.7, respectively.
Oklahoma State could have their way on defense as they square off against one of the worst offenses in the nation. The Cowboys currently rank 40th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.456), while Texas-Rio Grande Valley is 315th in effective field goal percentage (0.463).
Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas-Rio Grande Valley, ATS Winner – Texas-Rio Grande Valley, O/U – Over
- The Cowboys rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.1) while the Vaqueros rank 69th (3.1).
- Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 46th in steals per game (7.8) while Oklahoma State ranks 88th (6.8).
- Oklahoma State averages 38.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 75th in the NCAA. Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 259th in rebounds allowed per game (40.9).
- The Cowboys rank 30th in assists allowed per game (10.8) while the Vaqueros rank 162nd (14.2).
- Oklahoma State ranks 30th in three pointers attempted per game (27.2) while Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 125th (22.8).
- The Cowboys average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.6, down from 13.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vaqueros have scored an average of 69.8 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (4.9 below their season average).