The No. 9 Texas A&M Aggies (6-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they square off against the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros (3-5) at Reed Arena. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 30, 2017.
Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros vs. Texas A&M Aggies Betting Preview
In the Vaqueros last game, they were blown out by the SMU Mustangs, 95-64. With 18 points on 6-for-10 shooting, Michael Hoffman led Texas-Rio Grande Valley in scoring. One of SMU’s largest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They had 26 free throw attempts, while Texas-Rio Grande Valley had just 11.
The Aggies hope to maintain momentum after beating the No. 10 USC Trojans in their last matchup, 75-59. With 15 points on 4-for-11 shooting, DJ Hogg was the top scorer from either team. The Aggies held the Trojans to an effective field goal percentage of 0.331 (below their season average of 0.528) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 34.2).
Texas A&M could have their way on the defensive side of the ball as they square off against one of the NCAA’s worst offenses. The Aggies rank 26th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.462), while Texas-Rio Grande Valley is 269th in effective field goal percentage (0.488) since the 2016-17 season. It will also be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-paced Vaqueros rank fourth in possessions per game, while the slower-paced Aggies rank 298th.
Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at Texas A&M Aggies ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Texas A&M, ATS Winner – Texas A&M, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Vaqueros rank 24th in steals per game (7.8) while the Aggies rank 220th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Texas A&M ranks sixth in blocks per game (5.7) while Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 183rd (3.0).
- Texas A&M averages 39.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 24th in the NCAA. Texas-Rio Grande Valley ranks 313th in rebounds allowed per game (39.7).
- The Aggies average 16.4 assists per game, which ranks 26th in the nation. The Vaqueros rank 298th in assists allowed per game (16.0).
- Texas-Rio Grande Valley averages 25.2 three pointers per game, which ranks 34th in the nation. Texas A&M ranks 258th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).