The Texas Longhorns (14-10, 4-7 Big 12) will be at James H. Hilton Coliseum to clash with the Iowa State Cyclones (10-14, 3-8 Big 12) in a Big 12 matchup. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Texas Longhorns vs. Iowa State Cyclones Betting Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Cyclones got blown out by the Oklahoma Sooners, 90-61, while the Longhorns lost to the top-ranked Baylor Bears, 52-45.
Texas held Baylor to an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.6 (below their season average of 37.2) while Iowa State had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.562). Terrence Lewis played well for Iowa State with 17 points. Jericho Sims, meanwhile led the way for Texas, recording nine points and 14 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Sims led the Longhorns to a 72-68 win. He recorded 14 points and nine rebounds. Texas had a better effective field goal percentage (0.594 vs. 0.500). Iowa State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (16.7 vs. 20.6).
This game should be a battle of conflicting styles. Iowa State prefers to play up-tempo (97th in possessions per game), while Texas is more half-court-oriented (318th in possessions per game). Furthermore, the Longhorns rank 350th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.132), while the Cyclones rank 37th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.177).
Texas Longhorns at Iowa State Cyclones Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Iowa State, ATS Winner – Iowa State, O/U – Over
- Texas ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (15.0) while Iowa State ranks 182nd (22.6).
- The Cyclones rank 170th in rebounds per game (34.8) while the Longhorns rank 244th (32.8).
- Iowa State blocks 4.4 opponent shots per game, which is ranked 40th in the NCAA. Texas ranks 84th in blocks allowed per game (3.1).
- The Cyclones rank 46th in steals per game (7.8) while the Longhorns rank 192nd (5.3).
- Texas ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (9.8) while Iowa State ranks 155th (13.1).
- During their last five games, the Cyclones have scored an average of 63.2 points per game (10.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (0.9 above their season average).
- The Longhorns have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Texas has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.