It will be a showdown between two exceptional defenses when the TCU Horned Frogs (13-4, 2-3 Big 12) take on the Texas Longhorns (11-7, 3-3 Big 12) at Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
Texas Longhorns at TCU Horned Frogs Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Horned Frogs fell to the Kansas State Wildcats, 65-55, while the Longhorns won a close one over the 20th-ranked Oklahoma Sooners, 75-72.
The Longhorns made 20 of their 25 free throws (80.0 percent) and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (30.3 vs. 25.7). TCU, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (33.3 vs. 25.0). TCU was lifted by JD Miller, who put up 11 points and seven rebounds. Dylan Osetkowski, meanwhile had a good outing for Texas, putting up 15 points and 11 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Horned Frogs won the last matchup 87-71. TCU won the rebounding battle. The Horned Frogs had 11 offensive rebounds and 33 total rebounds, while the Longhorns had five and 22, respectively. This will be the first game of the year between these two teams.
This battle pits one of the NCAA’s top offenses against one of its elite defenses. TCU currently ranks 51st in effective field goal percentage (0.550) and Texas is 55th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.470).
Texas Longhorns vs. TCU Horned Frogs ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Tcu, ATS Winner – Texas, O/U – Under
- Texas ranks 10th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while TCU ranks 154th (13.8).
- The Longhorns rank 33rd in blocks per game (4.6) while the Horned Frogs rank 66th (3.9).
- Texas is 12th in the NCAA with 4.8 steals allowed per game while TCU is 42nd with 5.5 steals allowed per game.
- The Horned Frogs rank 41st in three pointers allowed per game (19.5) while the Longhorns rank 122nd (22.1).
- TCU ranks 105th in rebounds per game (36.8) while Texas ranks 144th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- The Longhorns have been outscored by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Texas has defeated opponents by an average of 6.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Horned Frogs have scored an average of 76.0 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (9.7 above their season average).