The 23rd-ranked Purdue Boilermakers (1-0) will be at home in Mackey Arena when they go head-to-head against the Texas Longhorns (1-0). The game starts at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019.
Texas Longhorns vs. Purdue Boilermakers ATS Odds
Both teams dismantled their last opponent. The Boilermakers defeated the Green Bay Phoenix 79-57, while the Longhorns beat the Northern Colorado Bears 69-45.
Texas dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.508 and a turnover percentage of 18.5. Northern Colorado put up marks of 0.291 and 19.8, respectively, for those same stats. The Boilermakers, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.180 vs. 0.063) and had a much better turnover percentage (12.7 vs. 18.3). Purdue rallied around Jahaad Proctor, who had 26 points and five rebounds. Courtney Ramey, meanwhile was a key piece for Texas with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the country’s slowest-paced teams square off. Purdue ranks 316th in possessions per game (66.0) and Texas is 289th (66.7) dating back to the 2018-19 season.
Texas Longhorns at Purdue Boilermakers Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – Texas, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Texas ranks 59th in three pointers allowed per game (20.2) while Purdue ranks 233rd (23.9).
- The Longhorns rank 43rd in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Boilermakers rank 108th (12.3).
- Purdue is 21st in the nation with 5.0 steals allowed per game while Texas is 26th with 5.1 steals allowed per game.
- The Boilermakers rank 43rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while the Longhorns rank 170th (35.1).
- Texas ranks 74th in blocks per game (4.1) while Purdue ranks 184th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).