It will be a battle between two superb defenses when the Kansas State Wildcats (9-17, 2-11 Big 12) take on the Texas Longhorns (15-11, 5-8 Big 12) at Fred Bramlage Coliseum. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Texas Longhorns at Kansas State Wildcats Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Wildcats fell to the Texas Tech Red Raiders, 69-62, while the Longhorns beat the TCU Horned Frogs, 70-56.
Texas played a nearly perfect game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.493) and a turnover percentage of 15.0 (better than their season average of 17.7). For those same stats, TCU was 0.443 and 19.3, respectively. Kansas State, meanwhile, forced Texas Tech into a turnover percentage of 25.2 (above their season average of 17.4). Antonio Gordon had a solid performance for Kansas State with 14 points and eight rebounds. Courtney Ramey, meanwhile had a solid performance for Texas, contributing 15 points, six rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this year, Matt Coleman III led the Longhorns to a 64-50 win. He was the game’s leading scorer with 14 points. Texas’ 0.592 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Kansas State, who had a mark of 0.417.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams clash. Kansas State ranks 293rd in possessions per game (66.8) and Texas is 319th (66.0). Ball protection could be troublesome for the Longhorns. They rank 258th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 20.2 percent), while the Wildcats force the 14th-most turnovers in the nation (opponents’ turnover percentage of 24.4 percent).
Texas Longhorns vs. Kansas State Wildcats Free Pick
Basketball Tip: SU Winner – Texas, ATS Winner – Texas, O/U – Over
- Kansas State ranks 18th in steals per game (8.7) while Texas ranks 199th (5.4).
- The Longhorns rank 14th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while the Wildcats rank 96th (11.8).
- Kansas State ranks 250th in rebounds per game (33.0) while Texas ranks 271st (32.2).
- The Longhorns rank 39th in blocks per game (4.4) while the Wildcats rank 164th (2.5).
- Texas ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (15.1) while Kansas State ranks 112th (20.7).
- During their last five games, the Longhorns have scored an average of 56.4 points per game (7.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.0 points per game (0.3 above their season average).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 0.2 for the season.